Missouri Valley Chamber Chili Cook-Off
Saturday, January 22nd
At the Eagle’s Club in Missouri Valley
Chili will be served from 4:30-7:00 PM
Call Casey at 712-600-6441 or Jeannie at 712-642-2553
Missouri Valley Chamber Chili Cook-Off Rules
- You must cook a large roaster full of chili or soup and each entry may only enter one chili or soup.
- Entries are taken on a first come first serve basis. Missouri Valley Chamber Members receive first preference on entering.
- There can be only 3 cooks per entry let in free. Any additional cooks will need to pay the fee at the door to eat.
- By state law, your chili or soup must be prepared on-site at the Eagles Club or prepared in a state-licensed kitchen then brought in.
- Please be at the Eagles Club no later than 3 PM to set up a roaster and bring your chili or soup up to temperature.
- The Chamber will furnish a table, bowls, cups, silverware, and crackers. If you need cheese or other condiments to compliment your dish, please bring those items with you.
- Judges will select a Grand Champion, 2 nd place overall, 3 rd place overall, Hottest, Mildest, Best Decorations, and People’s Choice. The winner of People’s Choice keeps 50% of those donations.
- Make sure all meat is cooked completely and keep your hands and utensils washed. The minimum cooking temperature for beef is 155 degrees F and 165 Degrees for poultry. Once the food is in the roasters, please maintain the temperate at no lower than 135 degrees F.
- You will need to provide your own roaster, ladle, extension cord, decorations, and condiments.
- Give your chili a title!