Account Manager/ Radio and Digital Sales
KDSN has a career opening for an Account Manager for Radio and Digital Sales. This is a great role for someone who likes people and enjoys making a difference in the community. If you're looking for a career and not just a job and you're willing to work hard, you can be quickly rewarded for outstanding personal performance in this role.
You will be responsible for managing an active list of on-air clients. You will be trained to develop partnerships with existing and new clients to create innovative marketing, sales, and media plans to help them meet their sales and business objectives. You will conduct client "needs analysis" and provide superior customer service making sure their advertising programs are fresh, unique, and effective. As you learn more about their businesses, you will help them write compelling scripts to highlight their products, services, and benefits. If you are interested in the broadcast side of radio, you may also enjoy the opportunity to develop or hone your on-air broadcast skills, technical abilities, and knowledge of how local radio serves its communities.
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in related field.
- Two years of sales or marketing experience
- An equivalent combo of education and experience will be considered
Present and sell company radio and digital products and services to new and existing clients
Partner with clients to develop effective copy, scripts and annual marketing plans. Specific duties include:
* Prospect and contact potential customers
* Reach agreed upon sales and prospecting goals
* Resolve client and/or customer inquiries and complaints
* Set follow-up appointments to keep clients aware of program and sponsorship opportunities, and refresh copy and ads
* Create sales material to present to Clients
* Manage simple digital ad integration tasks for your clients on social media and website.
* Above average verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to develop advertising copy and marketing presentations. During the interview process you will be asked to demonstrate these skills.
* Understanding of basic marketing and business principles.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Experienced in Microsoft Office software
* Ability to build rapport with clients and represent KDSN Radio at community events
* Well-versed in digital/social media
* Deadline and detail-oriented
* Organized and skilled in time management- a self-starter who relishes the opportunity to quickly grow income by increasing sales and commissions.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
Other Helpful Skills or Experience:
* Experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields is very helpful.
* Prior media, marketing, or copy-writing experience
#Radiosales #Self-motivated #Articulate #Creative #Digital-Savvy #Passionate #Coachable
#Resourceful #Business-smarts #Marketing #Sales #Ambitious #Positive #Persistent
#Overachiever #Conscientious #Respectful #Personable #Success-oriented #Self-starter
#Independent #Goal-Driven #Community-focused #Communicator