KDSN RADIO Sports
Crawford County Shooting Sports Home Meet from 4/21 & 4/22
The Crawford County Shooting Sports team held their first home meet of the season this past Friday night and Saturday. While this was a first for the Conference to hold a meet on Friday evening, due to the high number of students in the Conference attending Prom on Saturday the coaches all round-tabled and agreed this would be the right thing to do for the students that would attending Prom. Four of the five teams from the conference that would have been competing on Saturday all had Prom on Saturday evening, including the schools of Denison, Boyer Valley, and ARWEVA from our team. The weather conditions were far from perfect either day with the Friday night students dealing with wind and snow while the Saturday morning students were left to contend with the wind and the cold. It’s days like these however that the students capabilities are truly tested, and each of the students participating walked away stronger shooters after competing in those conditions. The wind, snow, and cold tested the grit of every one of these students, yet our students still found the way to compete and overcome. I couldn’t be prouder of each and every one of our students, regardless their final score at the end of the day.
61 Crawford County Shooting Sports students comprised what was a total 174 students that competed in Denison this past weekend. There were some new names on the leaderboard this week, both from our team as well as the competitors. This serves as a solid reminder to our students that as the season progresses, we must progress right along with it. Every meet and every practice we must build stronger versions of ourselves as to remain as competitive as we know we can be as a team. Attached below you will find the Top-3 position listings from each of the six categories.
- 1st place goes to our Gold squad consisting of Koen Miller, Kylar Blunk, Garret Plagge, Jakob Wigg, and Brody Scheuring with their score of 213.
- 2nd place went to Ida County with a score of 203.
- 3rd place went to the Silver team consisting of John Graeve, Derek Scheuring, Alex Gallagher, Brody Schneider, and Kole Towne with their score of 197.
- Kylar Blunk brought home the 1st place finish with a score of 48/50. Kylar was one of only three students, and the only from our team, to shoot a perfect round score of 25/25 during the 2-day meet.
- 2nd place went to Ida County with a score of 45, reverse run of 29
- 3rd place went to Carroll County with a score of 45, reverse run of 1
- 4th, 5th, 7th, and 10th place all went to Crawford County students as well.
- Kallie Bromert brought home the 1st place award this week with her score of 41 with a RR of 8.
- Ida County took 2nd with a score of 41 and a RR of 2
- Ida County also took 3rd place with a score of 40.
- 4th and 5th place also went to Crawford County students as well.
- Ida County took 1st place with their score of 182
- 2nd place went to our Gold squad consisting of Morgan Wood, Coy Poggensee, Lucas Schneider, Cale Paulsen, and Luke Steinkamp and their score of 173
- 3rd place went to the Silver team consisting of Taven Adams, Owen Fink, Brody Morgan, Cooper Knickman, and Charlie Beeck with their score of 152
- 1st place went to Ida County with what is not a typo…a score of 49.
- 2nd place went to Morgan Wood and his score of 43
- 3rd place went to Ida County with a score of 41
- 4th, 6th, 8th, and 9th place all went to Crawford County Shooters also.
- Tricia Collins finished in 1st place with her score of 30.
- Grace Collins finished in 2nd place with her score of 28.
- 3rd place went to Carroll County with a score of 27
The Crawford County Shooting Sports team will compete once again this Saturday, April 29th when we make our return trip to the AVAD Hunt Club outside of Dedham. Update to follow at the conclusion of that meet also!