KDSN RADIO Sports
Crawford County Shooting Sports Meet Update 4-08-23
From Coach Mike Schrum:
The Crawford County Shooting Sports team kicked off the 2023 season this past Saturday at the M&G Gun Club in Schaller. Picking right up where we seemed to leave off last season, the winds were strong once again and the students were tasked with contending against the wind as well as their own “first meet anxieties”. The Crawford County Shooting Sports students were there to accept the challenge however and had a great meet for the first outing of the 2023 season. For only having a couple two or three practices under their belts this season, the students shot exceptionally well and paved the foundation for what appears to be a very fun and exciting 2023 season. The Crawford County Shooting Sports had 51 students compete in the Conference meet that included students from within our conference that includes teams from Carroll County Shooting Sports, Ida County Shooting Sports, South Central Calhoun, and the RAMS Shooting Sports team from MVAOCOU.
Due to a combination of the wind and the “first meet anxieties” there were only two perfect rounds recorded during Saturday’s meet. A congratulations to Brody Scheuring from the Crawford County Shooting Sports team for being one of those two students shooting a perfect round score of 25/25. We will compete again this Saturday at the AVAD Hunt Club near Dedham. While the students had a great meet at Schaller last weekend, they fully comprehend the need to remain focused and attentive to the systems and processes that brought them the successes of the first meet. The competition will remain strong throughout the season, but these students are accepting of the challenge and wouldn’t want it any other way. Listed below are the Top-3 position placings in each of the six conference categories from last Saturday’s meet.
- Silver Team consisting of Brody Scheuring, Brody Schneider, Tex Dunham, Alex Gallagher, and Kole Towne – 1st Place with a score of 207
- Gold Team consisting of Garret Plagge, Jakob Wigg, Carson Wight, John Graeve, and Derek Scheuring – 2nd Place with a score of 205
- Bronze Team consisting of Brenden Sieren, Kylar Blunk, Tyson VonGlan, Karson Bromert, and Jett Paulsen – 3rd Place with a score of 200
- Kylar Blunk – 1st Place finish with a score of 47
- John Graeve – 2nd place score with a 46, reverse run score of 5
- Carroll County Shooting Sports – 3rd place score with a 46, reverse run of 1
- Ida County – 1st Place finish with a score of 45
- Brittany Musgrave – 2nd place score with a 37, reverse run of 3
- Carroll County – 3rd place score with a 37, reverse run of 1
- Gold Team consisting of Morgan Wood, Lucas Schneider, Cale Paulsen, Justice Luetje, and Brody Morgan – 1st Place with a score of 183.
- Ida County – 2nd place with a score of 173
- Ida County – 3rd place with a score of 156
- Morgan Wood - 1st place finish and a score of 43
- Ida County – 2nd place finish with a score of 41
- Ida County – 3rd place finish with a score of 41
- Grace Collins – 1st place finish with a score of 33
- Carroll County – 2nd place finish with a score of 29
- Ida County – 3rd place finish with a score of 18